Monday, September 9, 2013

Stay Strong Even When Things Are Going Wrong



I love this. It is not only for the people who are ill everyday but for everyone who is out in the world, everyone who is alive and here in this place and time. When you think about it deeply the two are really no different. In the scheme of things we all have our stuff. For some it is illness, for others it is jobs, for others it is family problems, raising children, financial problems, the list could go on. In some weird way we really are all connected because we all suffer when we are on earth.
I often thing and say, it seems like I almost make it to the top of the mountain and then I slip back down slowly only to have to make the hard and sometimes very long and painful climb back up to the top, and when I get there? I get shoved back down. My struggle is mostly with the illness part and continuous issues compounded with all the other things that happen in life. There are the days when the double whammy hits and I wonder how I can make it through all of this and what the heck the point is. When I read this, When things go wrong don't go down with them. Climb up and stay strong, I thought about this and the mountains we are all stuck with to climb, many on our own, and one thought came to mind. It doesn't matter how low I get when trying to climb that mountain I will never, and I mean never, let my feet touch the bottom of that mountain. I will climb even on the days I want to jump off it and fall into a large abyss. The days that aren't so easy. The days each and every one of us have to face, sometimes for a day, sometimes for months, but we face them none the less knowing they will end only to be replaced by another struggle. But that's okay. If you think about it all the things you have made it through in the past are over and replaced with new challenges and you made it, here, in this moment. I think when we do make it through our hard times we forget to pat ourselves on the back and lift ourselves up being proud we made it. It is so easy to take the negative approach and look at everything as negative but we must at least try to keep some sort of a positive attitude or the bottom of the abyss may eat us alive.

I am facing more medical issues that I don't want to face. I want to throw them off that mountain never to be seen again but that isn't how life works. You get what you get and you have to use your mind to face them in a positive way. Keeping the top of the mountain always in your radar. Look up. See it? The bright beautiful sunlight is shining up there and that sunshine is called HOPE. Keep the hope in whatever you are facing. I know I am, even though I am tired to the core, so tired I could almost give up but I won't. I'll keep my eye on that light and hope for better days ahead.

God Bless!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment