Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's All In The Timing

When you think about life you mostly think about work, play, your long list of to do's, or other things, but do you ever think about time? Or even timing? It seems we rush around keeping so busy these days we don't have the time to think about what is important. We are so busy keeping busy we forget to think about how much time we waste being busy doing nothing. I read facebook everyday and on most days I laugh, alot, but on many days I also can become sad at many of the things I read. I read sad comments or postings that are real downers. People haters, sad situations, hurting people, unhappy people, the list could go on. I'm sure you understand what I am trying to write if you are able to take a few minutes to think about it. I have been seriously contenplating whether I want to delete my facebook page and take a break from all of it. I know it wouldn't be easy and I have to continue to decide what I am going to do, so much to think about if I do. Yes, it would take the sad crap out of my life but then it would also take the good I get from it and the good I, hopefully, try to spread. This entry is not for any advice on what I should or shouldn't do it is about timing. I guess getting off of facebook is somewhat of a timing thing too as I ask myself is it the right time or not? Timing.

When you are chronically ill timing is such a huge factor for your life. What made me think of timing is yesterday when I forgot to take my pain meds. I couldn't figure out why, at 4pm I was feeling wore out and crabby. I sat down to rest and it hit me, dah I forgot to take my afternoon pain meds. Timing. If I stay on a schedule throughout the day it seems to help me have more energy. The pain is not wearing me out to the point of having to sit and rest. I sat in the chair deciding if it was too late to take it. The pain med interacts with the meds I take at bedtime so I decided I would pass on taking it, which led to a crabby evening for me. Then it is bedtime. I must decide when I will take this or that in order to not have pain throughout the night. Oh it never goes away, believe me, no matter what I take I am still awaken by pain but it just seems to be less than if I do not take anything. Then, when I wake up at 2 am and the pain meds have worn off I have to look at the clock and decide if it is too early or too late to take another one to get me through the rest of the night. Timing.

Then I wake up in the morning with one thing on my mind, get down stairs and get your meds. I look at the clock so I can remember when to take the next dose of pain meds. I am thinking I need to start setting some sort of timer so I don't forget to take them but then it feels like I am an old lady who can't remember anything. My day is planned in my head. I have a lot of things to do when I get up each morning but as the day goes on the list dwindles down to just a few things. Time is stripped away from me due to chronic illness. I get ready for the day after I pop my pills and downed my cup of java. Yes! I am ready. Now I start to think of the day in chunks timing is everything. If I do too much I might not be able to anything later. Using today as an example, I want to wash my cupboards but Katie is coming over with the kids. If I start the cupboards by the time they get here I won't have the energy to be with them, truly be with them. The timing is everything in this because there is no choice where I want to put my time when it comes to people or cleaning. Timing.

I hope as you continue on with your day you realize how valuable time is. We spend so much of it complaining, mad, sad, or angry that we lose what is so valuable to us and to the people around us. Take a minute to think about it. What are you putting you time and energy toward? Goodness or bitterness? It is so much easier living on the side of goodness and when you get use to it, it becomes easier and easier not to waste your precious time on the stuff that only makes you more bitter and more angry. I see what anger and bitterness can do to people, I have witnessed it firsthand, all I can think is that it has to be hell living like that, angry all the time. Almost exhausting. Take a minute to enjoy the ride. Enjoy every second you are given because you never know when it might be taken away. It is all in the timing!

God Bless!

Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment