Friday, March 11, 2016

Drawing Inspiration From Others

Life can be hard at times for all of us. Struggles come and go for everyone on this path called life. There is no escaping stress, conflict, or troubled times. It's all a part of this game called of life. The important thing is once we go through something and it ends hopefully we learn a lesson from the struggle. My question is, what if the struggle never ends and seems relentless? For me the struggle is the constant issue of being ill with one thing after another. For others it might be the loss of a loved one or some other struggle that never gets easier. How do you move on when it seems like the struggle will never end? I wish I had a clear cut answer. Oh, believe me I have beat this to death in my mind over and over but still come up somewhat empty handed, except for one thing, the inspiration I draw from others. There are not many people I can say inspire me. Don't get me wrong I appreciate others struggles but with my situation being different than another's it's hard for me to really believe anyone could ever understand because they can't. What the real world deals with is so different than what I deal with. I'm not being mean or judgemental only truthful. I wonder what it would be like to unload all the baggage I struggle with to someone. I doubt anyone could handle the crazy that goes on in my head about all this chronic illness especially since there are so many days I don't understand it myself.

Last week I went to visit family in California and I was finally able to meet one of my cousins daughters Trisha. She has struggled for many years with chronic illness that holds her back big time. Finally meeting her in person confirms the inspiration I draw from her. My suffering is nothing in comparison to hers. Our family met for dinner at her house one night and she was not having a good week at all but she still spent the evening with us. Smiling and conversing the best she could considering. I know times like that are not easy for her. Looking back I wonder how she does it. Her faith is what gets her through, her words not mine. I feel blessed to be related to her. We had a chance to talk about a book she is writing about her health struggles. I am so excited for her because I know she will inspire many people by her story. She will give hope to others without even realizing it. Rock on Trisha!
feel blessed to be related to my new found family in California as each one of them deals with medical issues of their own that are not easy. I wonder why our family has been plagued with such issues. Watching all of them push themselves during our visit when I know it wasn't easy for any of them. Putting on the face as I like to call it. I believe spending time together with people who suffer gives everyone inspiration. It's like you look at each other and think to yourself,'if she can do it I can do it.' I was fortunate for this trip as I was on steroids for my breathing issues which gave me a huge boost to be able to keep up. I am so thankful how that worked out. Funny how God knows what we need when we need it. The important thing is I went! I did something I never thought possible and spent time with some special people, for that I am grateful.

My thought on ending this is when you are down, ill or not, look around you and observe. Don't tell yourself someone else has it worse than you but look at that someone and draw inspiration from them. If you can't, then be that inspiration to someone else. We all have a story so use yours. Don't be ashamed of what you are going through. Share what you are going through because you never know who your story might help. Things don't only happen to us for us to learn from but for others to learn from us too. Be that inspiration and in the meantime never give up!

God Bless!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment