Friday, October 26, 2012

It's A Good Day

Shout it from the roof top, "IT'S A GOOD DAY!"

I am sure many people who read this are wondering why I would have to write such a simple sentence like it's a good day After all most people wake up in the morning feeling good and after they wake up they are ready to face the world and ready to face whatever is throw at them on that particular day. You know how it is- the real world rolls out of bed, drinks their coffee, takes their showers, and heads out for the day. For a chronically ill person the scenario is a little bit different. Rolling out of bad on many days is just a little bit harder as our feet his the ground. There are the days that are torture when our feet hit the ground. Sharp stabbing pains, stiffness that needs to be taken care of before the day starts. Brain fog, muscle weakness, and waking up feeling like you never slept. Of course all of these depend on how much inflammation you are experiencing on any given night or how you sleep you were able to get out of your bad nights.

I am happy that I woke up today feeling pretty normal with the exception of my foot. I have had some wicked inflammation going on for the past few weeks but today it feels much better. Do I dare say I feel like a normal person? Almost! I will answer yes because, for me, days like this almost allow me to feel normal. You all know when you are ill doing the littlest things may slam you down into the pit so when you are ill you are forced to pick and choose what you will do for the day. I am happy to say that I am feeling so good that I am going to go to the grocery store. Big deal, right? Yup! It is a big deal. The big deal for me is that I actually feel like going. Grocery shopping is usually a huge chore that I rarely do or should I say rarely do alone so feeling good enough to go and not having to force myself to go just to prove to myself and the world that I can. I actually feel strong enough to go. Saying that, I have no idea what will happen when I get there. I may make it half way through my list and have to check out but that is okay. If I make it through the whole list it will give me the feeling of earning some kind of badge of courage. I know that makes no sense to most people but for me it is huge. If I am able to do it all I can see Rich's face and him giving me a high five because he gets it.

I have to go, I cannot waste my good energy writing. So here's to a good day and hoping it lasts more than a few hours. We shall see. In the meantime I will cherish every minute of feeling like a normal person. I will forget the drugs. I will forget about having to rest after every little thing I do. But I will not forget how blessed I am to be given a good day and I will use it the best I can.

God Bless!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment