Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Foot Issue Continues As It All Does

Well, guess what? Back to the foot doc yesterday for my annoying foot problem. Most of you reading this know I have been dealing with so called plantar fasciitis since February of this year. I don't really understand why I have to keep going back every month other than the fact of feeling like I am flushing another thirty bucks down the toilet and wasting insurance money. This continues to be a nuisance and I am so sick of it even though it has now become an odd sort of way of life for me. You know how it is when you have something so long you just adjust to it and live with it. It is pretty much the same every time I go except for yesterday. New treatment plan number three hundred fifty.

Doctor gave me the dreaded night splint to try out to see if it helps with the morning pain. When he told me he wanted me to try the splint I was fine until he left the room and the nurse came back with the splint. It was at that moment I almost lost it. I was thankful she left the door open because if she had closed it I am pretty sure I would have had a few tears flowing. I had a rough night with a lot of neck pain so I was wore to the core already. Having to go to another doctor is stressful in and of itself but when no sleep and pain are piled on top it makes it ten times worse. I looked at the opened door and slapped myself upside the head and subconsciously told myself, "Get your big girl pants on and do not cry, do not cry!" I sat there and allowed her to put it on and explain it to me all the while thinking you have got to be kidding me. I have about had it with this foot.

Last night I sat in the chair and wore the stylish boot for a few hours before bed without much problem. When I went to bed I finally found a good position for comfort, I love when that happens! After a few hours I woke up with a numb tingly foot so needless to say the boot was torn off by a pissed off psycho and thrown on the floor hard enough to wake Rich up. I must say I was thankful he didn't ask me how I was for once. He tends to worry way to much so I was glad he didn't ask. I fell back asleep and woke up with a foot/lower ankle swollen more than usual. I knew when the nurse was putting the thing on me this was going to happen. I even confronted her with it and she said if that happens call back. You see when a chronically inflamed person has any pressure, at least for me, on joints that are already swollen it just causes more swelling. It is all a part of the cycle but it seems not many in the medical field get it. Needless to say, I may try the boot one more time but I must think about it and talk to Rich before I do. So, another hundred bucks may well be flushed down the toilet. You can see how chronic illness and having one issue after another not only becomes a physical and emotional game but also a huge financial drain. You spend money on things that you cannot return and if they don't work, too bad, you are stuck with them. Please send payment by such and such a date.

Today I will push on. I will keep an open mind and laugh. Laugh as I think of myself sitting in the chair last night with an ice pack on my neck, another on my back, the heating pad under my knees, and the boot on my foot. Hahaha that is a funny picture. I will hear my husband tell me, "I like your hair like that you should keep it like that," echoing in my ears. Although it is very painful for me to process all of it. At the age of fifty I did not picture my physical health or life to be like this at all, but I continue to live it the best I can. Mind over matter! Plus, I am still here so it all must be for some reason. Good or bad.

God Bless!

Dianne




No comments:

Post a Comment