Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Wake Up Call

L'Wren Scott. Does that name mean anything to you? Tom, Dick and Harry. Do those names mean anything to you? I watched the morning news this morning as they reported on the suicide death of L'Wren Scott. I had no idea who she was until last night when I heard she committed suicide. Apparently she was a designer so it is no surprise I had no idea who she was. The news reported of the suicide as a hanging on a door knob, who knows if that is true because you have to take everything the media reports with a grain of salt, either way she died a senseless death. They also said she may have been six million dollars in debt and didn't know if that could be one of the reason she thought death was the answer to ending her financial problems. I thought to myself how can money do that to a person but when you live a mediocre life you more than likely will never be able to figure that one out. Money to me is not that big of a deal food, shelter, a few extras is enough. I always wonder about the lives of the rich how things and trips and all the stuff that they think makes them happy really does. Then this happens. I wonder if she searched through her short life with money trying to buy the happiness when she had it all in the palm of her hand already. I wonder why she never stopped to realize it. Mick Jagger was her boyfriend. He has money, so I think. Why didn't she go to him and ask him to help her? Or even better why didn't she go to him and tell him she was struggling? Why do we hide our pain? The media also reported what a wonderful, kind person she was. Everyone said she was so gracious and giving which also led me to think of how we can fool everyone around us. How many people do we come across each and everyday that are suffering in silence? Do we ever take that minute to ask how someone is really doing? Do we ever read between the lines and ask, "Are you sure?" Nah we don't, we are too busy for that. You know what I mean. Just like the people whom I have heard say, "I saw her in the store but avoided her." Hummm really? Are we in such a sad state of affairs that we can't take a minute to care about someone? We don't have to fix them but we can listen. It isn't that hard. I wonder about all of L'Wren's friends who are telling the media she was so kind and seemed happy. I wonder if they ever took that extra minute after asking her how she was and gave her the chance to say, "NO I'M NOT FINE! LIFE SUCKS RIGHT NOW AND I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT." Just that simple extra five minutes or an hour off someones busy selfish schedule may have saved her life. 

In all honesty I can write this because I know what it is to be the person that gets asked, "How are you doing?" I am the person who says, "fine," because I know people don't care. Brutally honest? Yup that's me. You see, when you are on the inside looking out at life you can be brutally honest. It feels like I live in my own little world while the rest of the world is out there living in that great big world. People looking in at me like the boy in the plastic bubble. Do people care? Yes, but it is a surface care. I'm not complaining at all it is fine. I have Rich he is my rock. A few close friends I know I can go to but who wants to bother them with my stupid stuff? In all honesty I may know how L'Wren felt just different circumstances and I'm pretty sure she felt the same way, who wants to hear about my stupid problems? 
The whole point of writing this is not to help people understand how it is to be sick, physically and mentally, in a healthy world but to hopefully help people realize even the healthy looking people suffer. Take a minute, a second. Don't be the person who is talking after a suicide saying what a nice person someone was. Watch their body language, look in their eyes. You can see a lot of pain in someones eyes if you look close enough. We don't do these things enough. We are a world that has become to busy to care. Too busy checking our cell phones. Too busy being busy doing nothing. It's absolutely crazy. It's like a madness that needs to stop. If anything I hope this is some sort of wake up call to all who read it. I hope if there is someone around you today, tomorrow, this week or whenever, you are the one. The one who can read between the lines and save someones life because I know you can!

God Bless!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment