Thursday, June 2, 2016

Poked Drained Shot Up Moving On

Today was the day. I saw my Rheme about the cyst on my knee and had it drained and shot up with the magic drug. The best part is I shaved yesterday but missed a patch on my knee. Looks real special. I guess I will have to start wearing my glasses when I shave before a doctors appointments. Oh well whatever. If I were younger I would be embarrassed now I really don't care, it is what it is and gave me a good laugh when I tore the bandaid off. So the question is, "Did it hurt?" The answer, "Not at all." I know you would think having a needle jabbed into your knee joint would have to be painful but for me it wasn't. It basically feels like a tight pressure feeling if that's the way to explain it. I have had several injections and this one by far has been the least painful of all. My rheumatologist is awesome, have I mentioned how much I like him? He is amazing and I am so thankful for him! The best part of the injection was the fact that because he went in at the front of the knee he thought he wouldn't get any fluid out because the cyst was in the back of the knee but to our delight fluid came out. I'm sure that doesn't sound like much to most but for me it will help a lot with the pain and the stiffness I have been experiencing. The real test will be tonight since the pain has been excruciating and keeping me awake all night. I know from experience injections can take some time to work. Patience my dear patience. Lord knows I have plenty of that to go around living with this everyday. I am so thankful tonight for the care I receive from the doctors I have now. Doctors who actually listen to me. Doctors who take the time to find out what is going on when I have so many issues that never end. Just when I think I'm over one thing it's like my body decides it doesn't want me to be on a even keel and it decides to attack something else. I'm trying to keep an open mind and keep my head in the day to day basis zone but....it aint easy. This knee thing has been an issue for a long time so I can deal with that, along with the fact that it probably isn't going to magically go away. I can handle that. What I can't handle is the unknown. The what's next? I try not to go there but it is a battle just as much as the day to day physical battles that never end. I keep the what's next in the back file of my mind but it's always there. If I allow it to come out of the files it can and will eat me alive. The what next somehow controls everything. Each time I make any sort of plans the what if jumps out of the file. I finally have come to terms with it knowing if I make plans and I am sick or having issues I can cancel. I really hate to do it but if need be its happening. I also know that the people in my life always understand. I'll go on and fight the what's if's in this life and press on. Things are looking up after today. I know and believe relief is on its way. I hope this shot gives me some life back. I'm tired to the core from the pain. It's exhausting. I've gained weight. I feel terrible about how fast that happened. The steroids over the past three months haven't helped. No I'm not using that as an excuse it is just the reality of steroids. I'm hoping if the pain gets better and I sleep better I will have the energy to focus on healthy cooking and eating. Energy that is highly limited from extreme fatigue. I know I can do it. There are so many struggles that go hand in hand with chronic illness there are too many to write about. If you let it it will eat you alive. You can't let it. You have to stay in the driver seat and be the boss even when you want to give up. It's doable so keep up the fight my friend!

God Bless!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment