Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Medium

Do you remember when you would hear the two words happy and medium put together as a phrase such as I wish I could find a happy medium or I wish there were a happy medium. Like all the phrases of times gone by I always wondered how certain words could be put together to mean something and how a phrase can mean one thing to one person and something to another.

Over the past few weeks I have started to work a little bit outside the home at Rich's office. Last week wasn't so bad as I was only there for a few hours total, this week it has been a few hours a day. I know, for most of you a two hour a day job would be a dream, for me it is torture. I did well Tuesday so I was happy for that. Wednesday went okay until I got sick while I was there. It subsided after a half hour but it was rough to say the least, I will spare you the details. Yesterday I felt better but after about an hour of working and bending my neck down the pain set in. My neck started to hurt so bad but I plugged along without any complaints. Needless to say it led to a rough night and today I am hurting. I am hoping the person I am helping does not want to go in today and I will have a day to rest and baby my neck pain. My foot is killing me after spending extra time getting up and down getting this and getting that. I have been babying this foot thing because I am living in fear of having to have some sort of procedure done to fix the pain. I am avoiding the foot doctor in hopes that one of these days I wake up and it will be gone, just like it appeared. Here today, gone tomorrow. no such luck yet but there is always hope for tomorrow.

I was thinking about my dream to be able to work and the impossibilities of that dream hit me. A few hours a day is torture on my body and I am wore out after only three days. I must admit it really does feel good to get out of the house and see people, talk to people, laugh, and feel like I am contributing something to the world besides contributing to only making my body feel better. It gets to be a lonely world and it could drive you to nutsville if you let it. I am going to try to keep working, but I also see I need to be more aware of my Happy Medium. It seems our minds always tell us we can do more than we think we can and then there is the pay off for forgetting the Happy Medium. We all push ourselves to do to much in one way or another but when you are dealing with chronic illness on top of it the two do not mix well.

I hope as this day goes on, as life goes on, you are able to figure out your Happy Medium. The place that works for you. As I always say, "What works for one person does not work for another." This is true in every aspect of life and applies to almost everything. Here's to us! Pushing on, doing our best, but still taking care of ourselves and finding our own Happy Medium.

God Bless!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment