Sunday, July 29, 2012

How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count The Ways

I am sure when you read the title of this entry your first thought was here we go again she is going to go on and on about her wonderful husband, you may have even rolled your eyes as you read it, but no you are wrong. This is about my new obsession/love called Pinterest.

Over the past few months many people told me to get on Pinterest you will love it. All I could think was that it would just be another thing I had to check everyday. The internet has taken over a lot of my time already as far as checking e-mail accounts, facebook, googling things I want to learn about, sending messages to people as I like to keep track of those who are ill or struggling. Sometimes I get to the point where I just hate to have to go check all these accounts. Then there is the fact that my eyes can only take so much time on the computer before everything becomes so blurry and fuzzy I can't see anyways and I am forced to stop. My internet experiences come in small spurts of time, very small.

Over this past week I finally did get onto Pinterest and believe me I only did it to "check it out" and then I was going to forget about it. The one thing I thought would never happen was that I would become addicted to it. Darn it all, this was not in the plan. Well, I am. It is another one of my love hate reltionships. I am filling up boards with many cool things, ideas, and dreams. It really is fun and as addicting as everyone told me it would be. Ughhh another thing to check everyday. I am not able to stay on it long because my eyes just go wild when I look at all of the business of it all but that is okay.

The one thing I have to say about Pinterest is that it is wonderful for a chronically ill person, for this one at least. I scroll through the millions of ideas and I get lost. I am able to lose myself in all the pictures that stare back at me. I get lost in the dream of the shoes, cloths, etc, that take me to a place I wish I could be. I see the beautiful things and I dream of wearing them. I know I never can or will but in my mind when I see something I like and repin it I dream as I am doing it. It takes me to a calming place when I see the beautiful gardens or rooms in a home. I find myself drifting away dreaming of sitting in the beauty and it makes me feel like I am enjoying the calm serene in the pictures I am looking at. The mind is a very powerful tool when you allow it to be.

I believe when you are ill you must dream. Dreaming of the best in life and wishing you were enjoying something other than feeling like crap helps you to overcome the stuff that drags you down when you are ill. If you allow it, the bad can suck you in and you can forget what it feels like to just be. You can forget all the simple joys in life like a beautiful pair of high heels that are very sexy. You can forget the beauty in a flower and just look at it as something you will never be able to do again, plant a large garden. Or you can take the other approach. You can look at these things in your mind and think to yourself, I might not be able to wear those shoes but in my mind if I could I would drive my man crazy. Or you can buy that sexy dress and wear it for your man even if you might be staying home and eating take out pizza together. You see, it is all in what you tell yourself and all in what you do with what you have at hand. Dream and enjoy those dreams!

I am thankful for Pinterest even though it makes me think how important "stuff" is to all of us, at the same time it helps me to keep dreaming. It helps me to plan something and think humm I could try to wear that, even if it is just at home. But who cares? Really? Why do you have to be able to go out to feel good and pretty? You don't! It is all in what you do with what you have physically and mentally. Make the best of your situation even if it is just in your mind after all that is where true happiness really starts anyways!

God Bless!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment