Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Rock Bottom

Finally...I think I have hit rock bottom. I have never said or even thought that before in my entire life. I don't know what it is but I have some pretty good ideas. First and foremost is decreasing these steroids. I am now down to 3 mg and I am at an all time low for some reason. I know you must decrease steroids slowly because when you are on them for a long period of time your adrenal glands actually stop working. This is what your adrenal glands do if you do not know what they are: The adrenal glands are comprised of two separate glands (the cortex and medulla) that produce hormones (chemicals messengers that regulate body functions). The medulla, or inner part of the adrenal glands, produces the hormones norepinephrine and epinephrine, which regulate the "fight or flight" response in the body, the body's reaction to stressful events. The cortex, the outer portion of the adrenal glands, produces several hormones that affect blood pressure and blood level levels, growth, as well as some sexual characteristics. Yes, I copied that bit so if I offend someone you can call and have me arrested. I would hate to be the police officer who came to the door though because the all of the above has turned me into a bitch, to put it mildly. Not to mention the fact that either being on to high a dose or tying to wean off a low dose of this evil drug it also has a way of trying to make you feel like you are going crazy. Forgetfulness, extreme fatigue, which when you are ill you have enough of, you are a able to eat everything in sight and still want to continue to eat so weight gain is a given, I could go on but I get too pissed when I have to remember all the horrible things about this drug. This is why I have decided to decrease and get off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment