Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Home Away from Home

Here I sit in our home away from home feeling almost lost and discombobulated. You would think that after preparing for this for the last six months it wouldn't be that big of a deal but it is almost brutal for someone who needs to take better care of themselves than most people even think about doing. Rest for me is huge in my daily struggles. Don't get me wrong I don't lay around all day and sleep or do nothing, quite the contrary. I have to keep moving or my joints freeze up and at times if I stay down to long I have a very hard time loosening up but my five to ten minute breaks of rest give me enough energy to do more. These past few weeks have left little room for that much needed rest. Plus, what kind of an idiot moves and three days later gets a puppy that needs constant attention and training? Yup, ME! Oh well you must understand as much as I thought about the rest I would have to give up in bringing a new pup home the goodness my soul has already received from her is worth all the minutes of rest I had to give up. I figure sitting on the floor playing with her and Eva is better than any time resting. She is a sheer pleasure.

On top of all that garble it has been an interesting month health wise beside the usual whatever it is I deal with on a daily basis. First off I saw a new doc whom I absolutely LOVE and that is huge for me. A doc who listens to me and cares. It might help that Katie was once her tech in her office in Allendale but I doubt it because she seems very good and through. She found a mole on my back she didn't like and biopsied it. All is good! No cancer cells. Then I had my mammogram and received a call a few days later that I had to go back for further diagnostic testing. All good there too! Shewww! When I saw her the day she did the biopsy I told her once again about my elbow still causing me such pain so she said we should get an x-ray just to be sure nothing is broken. Well, guess what? Radial head fracture. She sent me to an orthopedic who said it looked good and they don't set breaks in that area anyways. I also have tennis elbow from over use so double whammy. Ha cracks me up tennis elbow? Don't people who do things get that? I surely don't qualify but with moving over the past month my elbow must have went into some sort of shock and decided it didn't like all that activity. Cortisone injection has helped along with a night splint. Happy for much less pain! This whole broken bone thing leads to a bone density test and also getting an x-ray of my cervical spine once again to make sure no arthritis is attacking that area since I still experience pain at night and have to take a muscle relaxer. I am hoping and praying that is all fine because even thinking about more neck issues is very stressful.

Life goes on we all have our stuff that continues to haunt us but we muddle our way through like we always do, one day at a time. The medical issues for me are minor compared to all the love that surrounds me on a daily basis. A daughter and son in law that have so graciously opened their home to us is a blessing we can never repay. Tomorrow I am picking up Addi to come help me with the pup and Eva. She is so excited. Hunter? Not so much but I told him it will be his day another day. A husband who is way too good to me in so many ways I cannot even write them all down. It is so much easier now with the house selling. The stress of that is over and we can fully move on. We are both much more relaxed even though we miss having something to call ours. We have never depended on anyone for anything and now we are and it feels strange. All good though. We will wake up tomorrow, God willing, and see what the day brings but as for now we live and love today!

God Bless!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment