Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Today WE Vote

You cannot be everything to everyone but you can be someone to one. I think of this a lot in my small world especially when disaster hits and I want to jump in the car or on a plane and go help people. I know it isn't possible for me to do but it saturates my heart none the less. I hear of so many places you can send money and my heart and soul wish I were able to send something to all the causes but it just isn't possible. Money is a struggle for us as well but we do what we can do. This isn't about that it is about the burden I carry when I am unable to help. The wanting to and not being able to. How hearing story after story of people suffering and not being able to do much. I wonder to myself what if it were my family or someone I know suffering like that. I hear of FEMA and how they are suppose to help people but then I hear how they are no where to be found. I wonder why our country is not ready in an instant to respond to a disaster. Why is someone not organizing this before a disaster starts? Why are people starving, thirsty, and cold? These are the issues with government that plaque me not only now but in years past. This is not a political blog entry it is just one American to another asking what has happened to us and why can't we take care of our people the instant a disaster hits. I still think it I should have ran for some office to get some of this stuff figured out, sigh. It pains me to hear of the bickering and hate that goes on between parties and beliefs. We live in a America for gosh sakes the greatest country in the world and we act like selfish brats. It annoys the hell out of me when I know people are suffering.

In writing all of that I wanted to make a correlation as to how this would pertain to chronic illness. When you are a highly sensitive person and you worry about others every time you hear of a need it affects your health. It doesn't matter if you are healthy or chronically ill, this is a fact. The problem is when you are a highly sensitive person who has to dissect everything to the core it affects you in physical ways. It gets exhausting when you worry about others and feel so helpless. I have a hard time understanding how people can be selfish. I have an even harder times listening to anything negative. This is why our country is so screwed up, we can't work together and accept one another for our beliefs we have to lash out at one another and get mad that someone doesn't believe as we do. I have read some awful things on facebook in the past months. I have read awful things and watched and heard awful things on the television the past few months. I am both angry and saddened at the same time, but I have to learn to let it go, something that isn't easy for a highly emotional person. The stress of this election year has torn me apart physically, mentally, and emotionally. I don't like it at all. I can't wait for it to be over. Over in the hopes that life can move on in a good direction and I can start to get back to some sort of normalcy that isn't so hard on my chronic illness.

Today I vote. Today you vote. Today we vote. It is up to us/you. I don't care how you vote I just hope it is a vote from your heart. A vote that comes from what you believe, and not a vote of hate. Voting is a privilege that we all should be honored to do. I have been thinking about this and my thought is: If you are happy with the hope and change we have had, then vote. If you are not happy about the hope and change we have had, then vote. If you don't care either way, then vote. Pretty simple. I won't hate you if you vote different than I and I hope you won't hate me for voting what I vote. We are all entitled to our own beliefs and we all need to learn to accept one another for what we believe instead of tearing one another apart. I hear from both parties we need to work together but I can tell you right now if we continue the way we have for the past few months I don't see that happening. I hope and pray we can, that's all.

God Bless!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment