Monday, December 16, 2013

Studies Studies Studies

These days it seems there are so many studies out there for the stupidest things. I often wonder about how much money is wasted on all the studies that are so stupid and useless. For what? To prove a point? I try my best not to listen to the news or read the news because I just can't take it anymore. It stresses me out so why listen to it? Speaking of stress did you know there was a study on what to do to ease the stress in your life? One of the things to do is swim in salt water. Hummm, I especially love that since we are surrounded by the Great Lakes and unless I buy a Morton salt farm we are not swimming in salt water here.

I love tea. Flavored at that but I just heard there was a study done on green tea and you probably shouldn't drink it because it could have lead in it. What? The tea that is suppose to change your life if you drink it faithfully. Lucky for me I think it takes like ass so I'll get my lead out of the air I breath the same way I have for fifty years. Geeze people studies on green tea? Come on. Plus, does a study really make anyone on the planet do or not do something? We all have our likes so if you drink coffee or tea I'm almost certain a million dollar study on it won't change your mind on which you prefer.

The other day I read how vitamin D, which is all the rage in the medical community, isn't going to help heart disease like the first studies proved it would. Really? Humm. I just don't understand it. Why not? The gazillion dollar study five years ago said it was the greatest vitamin to take. I often think to myself when I read things like this that if you have a genetic make up for heart disease you are pretty doomed and even if you don't you might still be doomed. People drop dead everyday of heart attacks, family history or no family history. My mother is proof of this over the past few years as she exercises two times a day and eats very healthy still has heart issues. The funniest part to me is the fact that now days we think we can live forever. Hahaha cracks me up! Fact: We are all going to die. We don't need a study for that one. I don't care how young you look or the measures you take to look young, how much exercise you do, or how well you eat, You ARE going to die. My take is I try to take care of myself the best I can. Perfect? Heck no but I don't care. Life is hard and we should all try to enjoy it the best we can. With all the crap that comes along and slaps us upside the head we need to have our enjoyments in life. Truthfully if I never have to hear about another study for the rest of my life it will still be too soon.

In the end if there were one thing I wish we could do about all these studies it would be to take all that wasted money and start taking care of our poor or use it to provide food to the starving. How many studies do we hear about this issue? Truthfully it annoys the hell out of me how senseless medical studies override the much more important issues many people face today. But then my humble opinion means nothing. On we go living our lives until we hear the next senseless words being said or printed about this or that new study. What else are we gonna do?

God Bless!

Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment