Thursday, June 21, 2012

I Did It!

The people who read my blog all the time know that I have had a struggle with the current doctors office I have been using. It has been a huge struggle for me as I really like my doctor a lot. I have been going back and forth for a long time as to whether I should leave the office or not. The struggle I have is not with my doctor, I really liked her, it is with the help in the office. I have had what I would call nothing less than terrible customer/patient service from them, with the exception of my Rheumatologist's MA I must add. From the others I have been treated like an idiot, I have been told I am fine when I'm not, and I have witnesses staff gossiping and in the waiting room, the list could go on. I finally had it yesterday when I called and was diagnosed over the phone by the MA, once again, and knowing that they never even talked to my doctor. I can't take it anymore! I finally decided it is time to leave that office. They are so busy you can never get in even if you need to be seen it is impossible. I have been told time after time go to Urgent Care, which to me is a total waste of time when they have no idea your history. Unbeknownst to me today became the day, "I DID IT."

I went up to the office a few miles from home where I get my labs done every three months. I saw the cards with the two doctors who work in the office sitting on a ledge. I picked up the woman doctors card and thought to myself I really should check up on this doctor,  it would be so convenient to have my office only a few miles from my home instead of a half hour drive away. Sitting there waiting for the girl to call me to come back to get my blood drawn I thought to myself, Self, you can drill the MA about this doctor. So, when we sat down I asked the nice young girl about the nice looking young doctor. I figure if I get a young doctor she will be around until I die, and she is young. After I asked the MA all the questions I had she told me she thought I might be able to actually meet the doctor right now. I was thrilled and horrified at the same time. I looked like a piece of trash. I had stretchy pants on, a t-shirt that says, Grandma is Love, and I was sparse on the makeup with my hair twisted up in the back held by a few bobby pins. Believe me, it wasn't a pretty sight but at this point I was so excited I didn't even think about how I looked.
The MA left and came back to tell me, Yes, the doctor can meet with you now if you would like. I was thrilled. I liked her from the get go. Very personable, willing take me on with all my issues, told me I could get in anytime I needed if I have something come up, and she is there everyday of the week. I wanted to scream where can I sign on the dotted line? This is too good to be true. I know for most a doc is no big deal but for me my doc is like a lifeline on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

Needless to say I came home, took my insurance card out, went to the website of my provider and now I am happy to announce I finally, after months and months of angst, have a new doctor! I am happy and relieved beyond what anyone would ever be able to understand. I won't have to feel like a common criminal anymore when I call the office if need be. This is a huge relief. Now if I do not feel better by July 1 I will be able to call my new doc and get in to see her. She understood the special needs of a immunosuppressed patient and that helps me to feel more comfortable too. Granted she has not seen my chart yet and when she does I am sure she will have a small heart attack but being so young I am sure she will have a quick recovery. You know how young people bounce back faster than us older folk.
It is done. I am happy I can finally say, "I DID IT," and move on from here.

God Bless!

Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment