Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What Does Wednesday Look Like To You? This Is How Mine Looks

Wednesday's sure do roll around fast. I am almost positive if I had a job, out in the real world, I would love Wednesday's. The work week would be half done, for most people at least, and Friday would only be a few days away. On Wednesday's I wake up like everyone else, well almost like everyone else as far as the getting out of bed at some point part. We all must do it, wake up, but for me Wednesday's are different. There are those Wednesday's I get up and do not remember it is the day I must inject myself with a chemo drug, a very low dose, but still the same poison. Other Wednesday's I will remember it is shot day as soon as I lay my feet on the wood floors. I quickly push the thought out of my head and put the reminder on a shelf until later in the day. It is just another one of the many games you play when you are chronically ill. If you don't think about it, it doesn't exist. Other Wednesday's I do not think of it until bedtime and realize I forgot all about the dreaded shot. I have been doing my injections at bedtime for the past few weeks to help with the side effects that sometimes plague me after the shot such as headache, extreme fatigue, along with a not feeling well all over feeling. These effects usually last for about 24 hours and then I am better for the weekend. I usually have enough energy to have some good quality family time until Monday when the cycle of going downhill starts all over once again. Wednesday is waiting in the wings once again and rolls around fast. In the meantime I depend on the steroids to help hinder some of the symptoms I encounter on a daily basis.
The reason I put a picture on this entry is because I hope that people who complain about their jobs and their busy lives can understand a different side of life. The side of life that is unable to complain about all those wonderful busy moments you take for granted. You have a special gift if you are reading this and are busy. You have your health, something that without it you would suffer a different kind of busy. A illness busy, a medication busy, a doctor busy, a feeling ill busy 24/7, a faking the smile busy, a busy that I hope you or anyone else reading this never has to face. It is no fun. It is exhausting to say the least,but it is life for me and many of my friends. All my heroes who struggle daily but continue to live. Live a somewhat small life but still live. I love each and everyone of you. I love all of you whether you are busy because of life or busy because of illness. We all must make our life count!
Time to sign off and go shoot myself up and hopefully in 24 hours be better than I am today!

God Bless!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment