Tuesday, November 8, 2011

These Are The Days

Oh yes, these are the days, and today is one of them for me. If you are chronically ill you know what I am talking about. You are awaken in an instant by pain and you just know this is not a good way to start your day. This morning at 5am I was woke up with searing pain in my neck and the start of a migraine. I must have had the migraine in my sleep because I woke up remembering that I was taking Excedrin Migraine in my dream to hopefully relieve the pain before I had to turn to the hard stuff to get rid of it. So when I did actually wake up I laid there lazily thinking I should grab that bottle and take two now. As I laid there the thoughts of not being able to grab the bottle or it flying on the floor rushed through my head. I decided to the plunge and grabbed it anyways, with good results I might add. Ahhhh, pills down the hatch. So, I laid there praying it helps the headache and the stiff neck.

As I laid there I thought to myself, self, get up and get a cup of coffee, which many times helps ward off the migraine before it becomes a nightmare. As I got out of bed, AHHhhhhhh, the pain of stiffness hits. The past few weeks my pain and stiffness have been worse as the drug company that makes my meds has decided not make manufacture it for now. I am waiting for it to become available, but in the meantime I am suffering more. At the same time I am trying to cut back on the steroids, that help with my pain, because they cause me to want to kill someone. The bad part is the steroids also help keep my migraines away when I am on the higher dose of them. It is such a give and take with the meds and chronic illness. Getting back to my head, I made my coffee and guzzled it down and must say I am feeling somewhat better. I still have the headache but I can tell it is one that I may be able to live with today. I hope!  For now I think myself into the positive thoughts to try to ward this off as my neck is killing me.

My point is that we all have our days. You know the good, the bad, and the ugly. It is all in your attitude. Although I will not argue that when you are in the bad it is awful hard to have a good attitude because pain and illness can take over all the good thoughts you might intend to have on any given day. When those days hit you tell yourself there is always tomorrow, or tomorrow WILL be better, or next week will be better. The real point is if you do not have an attitude of, "things will get better" there would be no point to all the suffering you must endure. Everything that happens to us, happens to us for a reason. It is up to us to find that reason. Of course many times it takes years to figure out the why but you can  never stop trying to find the reason.

Now, go on and live my faithful friend, and if today isn't your day, then maybe tomorrow will be. That is what I am hoping. If I can do it, so can you!

God Bless You All!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment