Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Top Ten Positives of the Chronic Illness Experience written by Nicole Natoushek, MPH,PT Aquired Hope

Top Ten Positives of the Chronic Illness Experience written by Nicole Natoushek, MPH,PT Aquired Hope (Book)

The chronic illness can be a good thing. As ridiculous as that sounds, I believe that now. In David Letterman fashion, I have created my own top ten list if the positives of chronic illness experience.

10) Your pharmacist knows you by name.

9) Otherwise complete strangers are your instant friends, as we all know how to share a common bond of the chronic illness experience! Look, I am meeting you today.

8) You find your inner strength and sense of empowerment that you never knew existed.

7) You grow closer to those who love and support you.

6) You find out who your true friends are.

5) You have and opportunity to re-invent yourself.

4) You explore and create new work skill and talents, that otherwise may have been left undiscovered.

3) You simplify your life.

2) You slow down and focus on the things that are really important to you.

1) You have an opportunity to explore and expand your current balance of the mind, body and spirit. You can become more resilient.

Oh I could personally add so many more to this but I will save that for later. Hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did. I know many will understand it and many will not, and that is ok!

God Bless!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment