Thursday, February 23, 2012

Funny How God Works Like That

Last night I was driving home from Steph's house and I was flipping through the radio stations. You must understand I rarely listen to the radio because I cannot stand the commercials. It seems I hear a song I like and stop to listen to it only to have five minutes of commercials run on when the song is done. I am a cd girl all the way. Well, last night I was just to lazy and tired to put in a cd. They were all laying in the back seat, yes that is how lazy I am, and I didn't have the energy to reach for them, go through them and pick one out so the radio was it. I used the extra energy to drive home, something no on will ever be able to understand unless they have been there.

I was flipping around my country stations because I do love me some country. Then over to some rock and roll, around and around hitting every button waiting to hear a good song. I hit a button and heard a good tune. I had no idea what the song was but it sounded nice to my ears so I listened. You must understand I am very picky about music and I will not listen unless it touches my soul in one way or another. The song went on like this "I know I'm not Strong Enough to be everything that I'm suppose to be. I give up, I'm not Strong Enough- Lord I'm asking you to be strong enough for both of us." A little bit further in they sang, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." I realized I stopped on the christian music radio station. I drove and watched the name of the song and group flash before my face. I thought I have got to remember this song it is perfect. I drove in the driveway and stopped the car to write it down, Strong Enough by Matthew West. You must understand with a memory like mine, especially since the steroids, I have a terrible time remembering anything unless I write it down. Of course as soon as I got in the house I had to listen to it once again and then share the on facebook with all my friends hoping it may touch someone like it touched me.

It is always amazing to me how God works. This song hit me at just the right time and it was a total God thing! I am a Christian. I pray and talk to God all day long but I am not a truly committed Christian in the fact that I do not sit and read the bible as I should or listen to much Christian music. My soul does a lot of that work for me. I cry out to God many times a day. I pray for many people everyday. I thank God for all I am blessed with. I ask him why? why? why? many times a day. I try the best I can to live my faith and do good to others, not because I have to, but because I feel God has sent me here to do just that. I am not perfect. I swear like a trooper, probably my biggest fault. I am working on it. Really! I think horrible thoughts about other people when I see rudeness, selfishness, and cruel people. It is hard for me to understand how people just don't care about one another. I ask God to help these people even when I want to bash them in the face. Being a Christian for me does not mean I am perfect, it means I need God. I need him to lean on and I need him to forgive me, but most of all it mean I know he is always there even when I am being the horrible sinner I am. For that I am grateful and humbled.

I am also glad He is there to love me and my family. The past six months for us have been brutal to say the least when it comes to the health department. First Katie with the thyroid scare as she continues to struggle. Rich with the many issues he faced as the stress of life and taking care of a sick wife caught up to him. Then my health crash when he stared to feel better. Now we face another scare with Steph. Through it all God is good and God is there keeping us all just Strong Enough. We all have a faith in God. We all are there for one another. We have a love for one another that will outlast any hell the devil sends our way. So we give it all to God because we are not strong enough and know that he is. One of my favorite quotes- "My precious child, I never left you during your time of trial. Where you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." I feel God carrying us over the past few months. I really do. I have seen his hands at work.

I watch so many people around me suffer in their health right now. My heart aches for each and every one of them. My prayers include all of these people everyday. If they come to my mind in my day I send a prayer of goodness for them. I pray God gives them the strength to just make it through this day and this day alone. I think we all look and live to far into the future instead of keeping focused on the moment we are in. I have learned over time and through my suffering this is all we have anyways. I have a hard time making any future plans as God has taught me to live in the now. It is my hope and prayer that all of you, whether you are suffering at this moment or not, can learn to appreciate and be just Strong Enough to get through each moment you are in.

May God Bless You!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment